Fun summer foodie spots… food trucks and flea markets!
Summer is finally here and we are now in store for warm weather, leisurely strolls through the park, exploring NYC streets… and tasting yummy food. After taking a New York City food tour, many of you enjoy exploring NYC through food on your own. We would like to share with you some of the latest food crazes, that being food trucks and flea markets. Believe it or not– this is one of the best ways to “dine” in NYC and it’s very affordable.
Let’s start with the food trucks; here is a list of some of our fav’s. Hint: follow the food truck on Twitter or Facebook and you’ll know where to find them!
- Big Gay Ice Cream Truck (unique ice cream flavors… try the Cococone… its vanilla ice cream with toasted curried coconut)
- Schnitzel & Things (the schnitz burger with cheese is our favorite)
- Wafels & Dinges (the classic Brussels wafel with nutella and banana is yummy)
- Pera Turkish Tacos (try their zucchini pancake tacos)
- Van Leeuwen Artisan Ice Cream truck (fresh milk and cream, sugar cane and egg yolks are the drive behind this artisan ice cream… try the ginger)
- Rickshaw Dumplings (try the chicken and Thai basil dumplings with spicy peanut sate dip)
- Mexicue (try the pulled pork shoulder slider (Mexicana rub, arbol BBQ Sauce, pickled red onions, avocado)
Now, if you are more about going to one particular place and loading up on a lot of treats—and doing a little shopping… the NYC flea markets are for you. Three of our favorites to check out:
- Hester Street Fair, open every Saturday 10-6 and is located at Hester and Essex Streets.
- Brooklyn Fleat Market, runs both Saturday and Sunday three locations, check out their website for more details (wwwdotbrooklynfleadotcom)
- Hell’s Kitchen Flea Market located on W 39th Street between 9th and 10th Avenues and open from 9-5 every Saturday and Sunday all year long.
You can easily create your OWN food tour while exploring these flea markets – you’ll also find plenty of locals here too. Enjoy visiting these awesome foodie stops and post some of your pictures on our Facebook page!
Here are some of our favorite pictures—of course including some of the foods we’ve tried along the way.
Happy summer and happy eating!