Top Ten New York City Seafood Restaurants from Ahoy New York Food Tours
When thinking of summertime and food, many of us think of fresh and delicious seafood. While we do not have seafood tastings on our New York City Walking Tours, we surely can recommend some of the best places to visit!
1. The Mermaid Inn: this cute restaurant has two main locations and an added bonus! They are located in the Upper West Side and the East Village and the added bonus is an oyster bar in the West Village. $$$ We recommend their lobster sandwich and they have an amazing happy hour menu with some tasty fish tacos! Check out the pictures below.
2. Blue Water Grill: 31 Union Square West (between 16th and 17th Streets) $$$ A more “upscale restaurant” that offers nightly jazz music. Don’t forget to get a side order of their lobster mashed potatoes!
3. Luke’s Lobster: Luke’s is very convenient to find! Locations include: food trucks, the Hester Street Fair, East Village, UWS, UES, and Midtown East. $$ Make sure to try their lobster roll and they also have crab and shrimp rolls.
4. City Crab and Seafood Company: 235 Park Ave South (between19th and 20th Streets) $$$ If you are craving some amazing crab legs this is the place for you! Not to mention that they have some amazing happy hour deals.
5. Taverna Kyclades: 33-07 Ditmars Blvd, Astoria $$ This is a NYC institution; their fresh seafood delivered to you a la Greek style is amazing. Start off with their Greek salad and if you love fillet of sole, you will love theirs. This is a busy place and they do not accept reservations, but it is well worth the wait.
6. Elias Corner: 24-02 31st Street, Astoria $$$ Another great place in Astoria for fresh fish. FYI they do not have a “menu” they simply let you know what they have available that day (that’s how they keep it fresh)! Try the grilled octopus. Remember they take cash only.
7. Ocean Grill: 384 Columbus Avenue (between 77th and 78th Streets) $$$ This UWS restaurant has a great brunch not to mention amazing tasting seafood (try their crab crusted mahi mahi).
8. Mary’s Fish Camp: 64 Charles Street (between 4th and Bleecker Streets) $$$ A great find in the West Village, this tiny spot hosts one of the best lobster rolls in Manhattan.
9. Aquagrill: 210 Spring Street (between Sullivan Street and Ave of Americas) $$$ If you love oysters, make sure to stop here and eat their famous oysters.
10.The Lobster Box: 34 City Island Ave, City Island (Bronx) $$$ If you are looking for a New England experience in NYC, City Island is the place to visit. The main strip (City Island Avenue) has many restaurants; The Lobster Box has good food and a great view of the water.
Please share with us your NYC seafood dining experiences on our Facebook page! Take a look below and some of our tasty photos!