Join our signature three-hour food tour of the Little Italy and Chinatown neighborhoods in NYC. Enjoy eight tastings during this fun tour for locals and visitors alike!
Market 57 Chelsea Food Tour
Savor New York City's diverse flavors, all in one place!
Savor New York City’s diverse flavors, all in one place!
Savor the culinary diversity at Market 57 Food Hall, New York City’s newest dining destination, curated by the James Beard Foundation. It showcases an array of deliciously innovative vendors from unique minority-and women-owned businesses. Our 2-hour indoor food tour features seven exclusive tastings, each skillfully prepared, providing a delectable exploration of New York City’s culinary landscape. The stunning views of NY Harbor, the Statue of Liberty, Little Island, and Historic Pier 57, all within proximity to Chelsea Market and the High Line, create opportunities for the perfect New York City moment.
The historic and newly reimagined Pier 57 in Hudson River Park is now home to Market 57 Food Hall, the latest foodie destination. Curated and mentored by the James Beard Foundation, this hub features unique and talented minority- and women-owned businesses that embody culinary traditions and innovations. These businesses align with the foundation’s mission to celebrate, support, and elevate the individuals behind America’s food culture and New York City’s diverse cuisines.
Conveniently located just a short block away from Chelsea Market, the High Line, Chelsea Piers, and Little Island, it is also within walking distance to the Whitney Museum of American Art, just on the periphery of the Meatpacking District. Explore this vibrant culinary scene while taking in the rich history and modern charm of Pier 57.
As your intimate group is led through the 16,000 square foot food hall, your licensed guide will make sure to entertain you with fascinating history, stunning views of the city, fill your stomach with delicious tastings, and learn more about each vendor. After the tour, our guides extend their expertise, offering plenty of tips on additional places to explore and savor. This added service ensures your Ahoy New York Food Tours adventure continues to enrich your culinary journey long after it concludes.
Enjoy 7 tastings during this fun food tour for both locals & visitors alike:
- Seven different food tastings from minority-and women-owned businesses, curated by the James Beard Foundation.
- This is an indoor food tour with the option to explore outdoors, weather permitting.
- All food tour tastings are included, enough for lunch.
- For guests 21 and over there will be the option to purchase an alcoholic beverage at select tastings.
- Each guest is provided a handout that includes recommendations of Chelsea and the West Side of Manhattan as well as a list of all the tastings.
- Explore the historic Pier 57 and the neighboring Little Island as well as the Rooftop Park for excellent photo opportunities of the High Line, Hudson River, Little Park, One World Observatory, Chelsea Piers, The Empire State Building, and more, weather permitting.
- Tours are conducted in small intimate groups led by a friendly, licensed guide to ensure a personable experience.
- This tour is perfect for foodies!
Food Tour Highlights:
- Certificate of excellence on TripAdvisor for 14 years
- This is an indoor food tour, perfect for any weather
- Stunning New York City views, photography encouraged
- Great for socializing. Small group size, max of 12-13.
- Multiple tours weekly, starting at 11:30 AM. Different tour times may be added
- Rain or shine, all year round
- All food tastings enough for lunch included in ticket price
- With advanced notice, we can accommodate vegetarian diets and shellfish allergies. At the moment, we do not recommend this food tour for guests who are gluten or dairy intolerant.
- Restrooms, seating, and water bottle filling station available throughout the tour
- Accessible to all
Our Delicious Tastings (all from minority- and women-owned independent businesses)
- Chinese dumplings with a twist from a Chinatown institution
- Crunchy sushi-style rice patties, a modern take on Japanese comfort food
- Oyster chowder from Brooklyn’s only oyster cart
- A hearty Italian sandwich from award winning female butchers
- Caribbean-inspired empanadas from a Harlem mainstay
- A tasting from the James Beard Foundation’s incubator program, Good To Go – tasting changes seasonally
- Classic, handmade natural Mexican paletas from a husband-and-wife duo showcasing Mexican comfort food
- The option to purchase an alcoholic beverage from a local brewery- not included in ticket price
On our Market 57 Food Tour we will taste dishes from 7 different local, independent minority- and women-owned businesses selected by the James Beard Foundation. Tastings include: Chinese dumplings, Caribbean-inspired empanadas, an Italian sandwich, Japanese crunchy sushi-style rice patties, oyster chowder, Mexican paletas, and a rotating tasting from the Good To Go incubator program. Food tastings can change without notice.
While we welcome children on our tours, our tours are mainly for a mature audience in that we taste a variety of cuisine and dive deeply into history and culture. Sometimes we find that children of a young age may become easily disengaged. Although we are a family-friendly tour company, please take care in knowing if your child will enjoy the experience prior to booking. We find that children 13 years old and older enjoy our Market 57 tour.
We walk less than ½ mile at a moderate pace. There are many opportunities for seating throughout Market 57 food hall.
The tour is accessible to everyone, with ramps to enter Market 57 and throughout the location.
Yes, Market 57 food hall is equipped with restrooms that can be used at any point throughout the tour.
Ahoy New York Tours & Tasting does its best to accommodate any dietary restrictions and allergies with advance notice. Please alert us upon booking your tour/dining experience.