Ten New York City Foods to Taste in 2012
Happy New Year!
New York City has several eateries from mom and pop shops, to iconic restaurants, and of course new restaurants and food themed shops that are the latest buzz. This month we’d like to share with you some of the top New York City foods to taste. This list includes desserts, small bites, and wonderful meals.
Here is to a happy and healthy 2012 and may it be filled with lots of delicious foods!
1. Fra Diavolo Mussels at Flex Mussels (Upper East Side and West Village locations). Also, make sure to get their donuts for dessert!
2. Chicken Parm Hero at Torrisi Italian Specialties 250 Mulberry St (between Spring St & Prince St). This Nolita spot is great for lunch or stop by for a pre-fixe dinner.
3. Beef Marrow and Oxtail Marmalade at Blue Ribbon Brasserie 97 Sullivan St (between Spring St & Prince St). This late night restaurant offers some of the tastiest foods and if you stop in after 2 am you’ll find some of the local chefs enjoying a meal.
4. Chocolate Chip Cookie at Levain Bakery 167 W 74th St (between Columbus Ave & Amsterdam Ave). A 6 oz. chocolate chip cookie with walnuts that most likely will be served to you right out of the oven…. you will be back again after tasting one bite!
5. Lobster roll at Luke’s Lobster (several locations and a truck). This sandwich is lobster heaven!
6. Fresh, homemade guacamole at Dos Caminos (Soho, Meatpacking, and Park Ave. locations). Guacamole has never tasted so good. Make sure to pair this with a margarita.
7. Pork buns at Momofuki Ssam Bar 207 2nd Ave (between 12th St & 13th St). David Chang’s restaurants have been loved by foodies for quite some time– visit the Ssam Bar and have a classic favorite.
8. Croissant at Ceci-Cela 55 Spring St (between Mulberry St & Lafayette St). Voted as New York City’s best croissant, it is a must try.
9. Borscht soup at Veselka 144 2nd Ave (between St Marks Pl & 9th St). Ted Allen once said this was his favorite thing to eat… and most agree that Veselka’s borscht is something to talk about.
10. Lychee cupcake at Everything Frosted (105 1/2 Mosco Street). Our tour goers have been raving about this cupcake and dream about it upon their return home. Join us for a food tour and meet the pastry chef himself.