Astoria Restaurants Not to Miss!
Many of you who have spent time with me on a NYC food tour know that I live in Astoria, Queens…and love it! One of the best things about living in Astoria is having yummy and affordable restaurants. With Queens being the the most ethnically diverse borough and Astoria have a large Greek population there is no question that we have some of the best eats out there. Below is a list of my favorites! And by the way… Astoria is roughly 15-20 minutes from midtown Manhattan, it is very easy to visit. If you truly want to taste some of the best authentic NYC cuisine it is worth the short journey.
1. Taverna Kyclades (Ditmars Blvd and 33rd Street, N to Ditmars Blvd) Fresh Seafood Restaurant and Greek Cuisine… always packed.
2. Il Bambino (34-08 31st Ave, N to 30th Avenue) Where Italy meets Spain: Tapas, Paninis, and great selection of Wines to pair.
3. Bare Burger (33-21 31st Avenue, N to 30th Avenue) Organic burgers with a twist, different meat selections like elk, bison, and ostrich (in addition to beef and turkey)! Try their onion rings with unique dipping sauces.
4. Trattoria L’incontro (21-76 31st St./Ditmars Blvd, N to Ditmars Blvd) You will feel like you are in Italy when you visit this Italian restaurant. While the prices are on the higher end, the food, service, and quality is outstanding. Make sure to try one of the specials.
5. Opa! Opa! (Opa Souvlaki) (28-44 31st St, N to 30th Avenue) As the name of the restaurant says, try the souvlaki! A family run Greek restaurant — you feel as though you are truly a part of the Greek culture here. Another bonus…its VERY affordable.