Top New York City Mexican Restaurants
Happy March! During a recent food tour one of our guests asked us for a quick list of the top New York City Mexican Restaurants. We then realized that we needed to share these great finds with all of you! Whether you are in the mood for a taco, burrito, or simply a delicious margarita, we have some great spots for you. Enjoy!
1. Rosa Mexicano (locations in Upper West Side, Union Square, and Midtown East), make sure to order their famous pomegranate margarita and of course their delicious and fresh guacamole.
2. Dos Caminos (several locations throughout Manhattan), their shrimp quesadilla is very scrumptious, pair that with their prickly pear margarita!
3. Pulqueria 11 Doyers St. This not so easy to find Mexican “speakeasy” located off-the-beaten-path in Chinatown is great if you like tasty Mexican food with fabulous cocktails. We will show you this hard to find location on our food tour of Chinatown and Little Italy.
4. Mercadito Grove 100 7th Ave S (between S 7 Ave & Barrow St) Located in the West Village where there are many options– this is truly a great find. If you like food a bit on the spicy side try their Al Pastor tacos.
5. Baby Bo’s 627 2nd Ave (between 34th St & 35th St. This Murray Hill find has a great vegetarian burrito, called the Harvest Moon Burrito, with grilled veggies, black beans and Monterey cheese…yum.
6. El Parador Cafe 325 E 34th St. (between 1st Ave & 2nd Ave) Another Murray Hill spot, known for their fish tacos.
7. Móle 205 Allen St. A great find in the Lower East side, they too have great fish tacos and offer a unique blue corn tortilla to hold your taco together.
8. La Esquina Corner Deli 114 Kenmare St. Located in Nolita, this location may not be so easy to get a table– but if you do get a table try their grilled corn, it’s a must.
9. Arriba Arriba 762 9th Ave (between 51st St & 52nd St) This Hell’s Kitchen location is great for eating before or after a Broadway show. Always full of energy and throw back tunes to be heard, you’ll be happy to know that you can order gigantic margaritas and be served by friendly waiters.
10. Mexicue Taco Truck (follow on Twitter/Facebook for location). Nowadays, we know that food trucks are very popular, and so is the Mexicue truck. Try their short rib taco.