Things We Are Looking Forward to the Most in New York City during the Holidays
Ahoy New York wishes everyone a happy holiday season! It is an exciting time of year to visit New York City. Two of Ahoy New York’s team would like to share with you their top five things that they are looking forward to the most in New York City during the holidays.
1. Holiday shopping at the Union Square Holiday Market
The Union Square Holiday Market, with its wide range of shops, is perfect to power through your holiday shopping list.
2. The Holiday Train Show at the Botanical Garden in the Bronx
The Holiday Train Show at the Botanical Garden continues to amaze people of all ages year after year.
3. Visiting Ferrara’s Cafe in Little Italy to pick up Struffoli (Neapolitan honey cake)
If you are looking for a holiday treat, you may want to try Stuffoli (a ball shaped honey cake that is often arranged in a tree or wreath during Christmas). This honey cake has a crunchy exterior while still being light on the inside. Stop by Ferrara’s to try these scrumptious little bites of deliciousness.
4. Visiting Santa at Macy’s in Herald Square
You can’t celebrate Christmas without stopping by to visit Santa!
5. Ice Skating in Bryant Park
You are really missing out if you’ve never ice skated in one of many NYC ice skating rinks.
Ray’s Top Five:
1. Riding the MTA Holiday Nostalgia Train
The MTA Holiday Nostalgia Train runs on the M line every Sunday from now until New Year’s Day.
2. Visiting the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree
There is always a buzz around Rockefeller Center during the holidays and the Rockefeller Christmas Tree is the center of it. This year’s tree is the tallest it has been in the last five years.
3. Visiting FAO Schwarz
Let’s be honest, who doesn’t want to be a kid again?
4. Getting a hot chocolate and chocolate chip cookie from Jacques Torres Chocolate
Nothing is more satisfying than a Jacques Torres hot chocolate and chocolate chip cookie. It’s important to buy more than one cookie because your friends and family will be asking you to share.
5. Watching the Christmas Spectacular and the Radio City Music Hall
As many children grow up watching this wonderful show, as an adult it becomes a nostalgic part of the Christmas and Holiday spirit.